Learn how get into the MBA program at Queens University’s Smith School of Business.
Smith MBA stands out from its counterparts for its impeccable team-based learning program. In this interview episode, Pradeep shares his distinctive memories of the one-year MBA program at Smith School of Business and shares his experience of getting into a management consulting career.
Key lessons from the interview:
BACKGROUND AND ASSESSING FIT WITH MBA PROGRAMS
- [1:24] Pradeep shares his educational and pre-MBA engineering background.
- [5:10] Why did Pradeep choose to do an MBA from Canada?
SMITH MBA INTERVIEW PROCESS AND STUDENT EXPERIENCE
- [12:30] How does the interview process at Smith MBA look like?
- [15:47] What is it like to manage the entire process academically as well as from a recruiting standpoint at Smith within one year?
- [16:47] How Pradeep connected with the students there?
- [24:34] Pradeep shares his overall academic experience and learnings from the Smith MBA program.
RECRUITING AT SMITH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- [19:19] How recruiting companies assess you at Smith School of Business.
- [22:36] Why do most students land into finance or consulting jobs?
QUEEN’S SMITH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS DIFFERENTIATION
- [25:40] The team-based learning and team coach concept at Smith MBA.
- [26:37] The various specializations available for candidates and their respective durations.
- [28:41] How does team-based coaching apply within Smith Queens?
- [36:49] Advantage of having small-sized classrooms helps students learn and adapt better.
- [40:20] The factors which differentiate Queens Smith MBA from other Canadian business schools
ADVICE FOR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
- [42:58] Insights for anyone wanting to do an MBA from Canada’s Smith School of Business.