If you are interested in working with me as your MBA Admissions Consultant, please read on. If not, head on over to learn from other successful MBA admits at top schools. It’s free to learn.
I never work with clients; only with students.
In all my conversations, you’ll hear me refer to you as a STUDENT.
And that’s where the differentiation begins. The core tenet of my working style is in coaching, as a teacher would a student. But expect me to be a tough teacher.
Every one of my students tells me I’m tough on them – that I set high expectations, expect high level of commitment and the willingness to put in the work that an MBA application deserves. My intent with being tough is to get you used to the rigour and pressures of the actual MBA program.
Because, for me, the success of our engagement together is not defined by you receiving admits to top MBA programs, rather by you thriving in school once you’ve matriculated.
Trust me when I say this – I will constantly follow up with you when you are at school to see how you are getting on, and where you need help.
A few differentiators worth highlighting
- I don’t pawn you off to other part-time consultants: Which means, I won’t sell you a dream and then hand you over to others to drag you along. You will work with me – all the way.
- I am direct with feedback: I won’t sell you a pipe dream, only for you to pay me. Any consultant that responds with a guarantee or certainty to the age-old question “What are my chances of getting into School X” is either lying to you or has a magic wand. I won’t lie to you. But I will request you to refer me to that consultant, so I can procure said wand : )
- I do all the work: For my MBA students, I get on calls with you, I read all your work, I craft the strategy & the game plan, I suggest edits. And I pester you all the time to submit your assignments on time. You will want to get rid of me in the end : (
- I focus on building skills: You will learn how to build a resume, how to network with schools, or how to structure your thoughts among many other things. The important thing is I focus on teaching you the skills necessary so that you already know how to create an MBA resume, how to be adept at networking, and ultimately I hope those skills can play a small part in your success during your MBA.
- I follow the 6:1 principle: Every student of mine will attest to this. I set the expectations upfront. For every hour I spend on guiding your application, I expect the student to put in at least 6 hours of equivalent work. That’s the commitment I expect, and I commit fully to that process also. That’s a promise. On average, I spend over 30 hours on calls with students, and many countless hours on the actual work. Most other consultants spend only a few hours per “client”
- You are my focus: After all the “I”s above, I’ve reserved the best for last. My focus is you. Because of principles 4 and 5, I take on very few students each year. And I don’t cap the number of edits. We work until your story shines.
Are you considering working with me on your MBA applications?
Let’s look at the process of how we’ll work together:
1. Strategy & Game Plan
Deep-dive assessment of your background, understand who you are fully, and create a custom game plan that will form the cornerstone for all your MBA applications. You’ll introspect here, like you never have before.
We will brainstorm and crystallise your career goals using the Ladder Strategy
2. School Selection
If you know which schools you want to apply to, great!
If not, we’ll work on doing that too. And it’s an art and a science.
3. Resume Strategy & Execution
Coaching on how to build an MBA resume, the way recruiters want to see it once you enter business school. I focus on teaching you a skill on how to build an MBA resume
We’ll refine it till its near-perfect! No limits on edits!
4. School Research Strategy & Networking
Yes, I’ll coach you on how to research schools. More importantly, I’ll put you through the rigour of networking doing it the right way.
This skill is something you want to learn when networking for jobs during your MBA. Start early!
5. Essay Planning & Execution
Yep. It’s #5 on the list. After we’ve laid the foundation with #1 to #4, we’ll step into the essays. We’ll tackle all essay types – written, video, and anything the school throws at us!
We’ll plan and shape your essays so that your stories shine, authentically. No faking involved. And no limits on edits!
6. Recommender Strategy & Execution
I’ll guide you on picking the right recommender(s).
And we’ll work on coaching the recommender to write authentic and compelling recommendations.
7. Application Submission
We’ll look at fine points of application submission. Don’t want all the work to go to waste by screwing up something in the application form.
8. Interview Strategy & Mocks
Once the interviews start rolling in, we’ll work on detailed interview preparation. I’ll break what schools are looking for during interviews, and how to smartly guide the interviewer along to the destination you want – i.e. an ADMIT
PS: you can use this same skill during job interviews for life!