Learn about the INSEAD MBA admission process, essays, class profile and more.
Get insider access to the culture and class profile of the INSEAD MBA program. Learn the key to writing great INSEAD MBA essays, get advice on selecting the right INSEAD campus and application date to maximize your chances of getting an admit from one of the top MBA programs in the world.
Key lessons from this interview:
- [0:30] Why Shradha chose a 1 year MBA from INSEAD instead of a 2 year MBA program from HBS or London Business School?
- [1:00] How Shradha realised that the 2 year MBA program from the US was not the right fit for her?
- [4:00] The research process that Shradha adopted to learn about top global MBA programs, and about the INSEAD MBA program
- [5:25] More about INSEAD’s MBA program and why it’s one of the most global & diverse MBA programs?
INSEAD MBA Application process
- [7:40] How to showcase your non-traditional (IT/Consulting/Banking) background to appeal to INSEAD?
- [9:00] How Shradha wrote honest and vulnerable essays to INSEAD, and how you can borrow her ideas to write incredible MBA essays?
- [12:50] How to choose between 1 year or 2 year INSEAD MBA program, and which INSEAD campus to apply to?
- [13:40] The benefits and drawbacks of applying in the July start at INSEAD instead of December start.
INSEAD MBA program details
- [14:50] Details about INSEAD MBA academic program and MBA exchange options available with Wharton and Kellogg
- [16:00] Who should choose the 1 year program and who should choose the 2 year program?
- [17:20] The 2 big things Shradha wish she knew about the INSEAD program before joining?
- [18:00] How many years of experience is ideal for admission to INSEAD’’s MBA program?
Career and recruiting options at INSEAD MBA
- [21:30] What you’ll learn about recruiting in the first few weeks of the INSEAD MBA program
- [22:10] How to prepare yourself for recruiting success before you join INSEAD?
- [22:50] The resources available at INSEAD to help you with recruiting?
- [25:20] Advanced networking process that Shradha followed to get a post-MBA marketing job, and the advice she has for Indian candidates at before joining the INSEAD MBA program.
INSEAD MBA class profile and culture & Advice to Indian candidates
- [29:40] How international is the INSEAD class profile? How diverse is INSEAD’s student profile?
- [31:45] The social activities at INSEAD and why it’s an important part of INSEAD’s culture. And where you’ll live with most of your classmates?
- [33:25] Detailed advice for Indian MBA applicants and the role of nationality quota in MBA school admissions.
One last thing before you go…
If you’ve been rejected by an MBA program, we specialize in helping people reapply. The first thing we do is a DING analysis to help you figure out what you can do better next time. If that’s you, start by accessing the self-assessment here.