Masterclass on how to answer MBA essays, select recommenders, and ace the CEIBS MBA interview
Karan provides detailed insights on the CEIBS MBA application process, in-depth breakdown on how to answer the MBA essays and tackle the CEIBS interview process.
Key lessons from this interview:
Background and Why MBA?
- [1:30] Karan’s background, number of years of pre-MBA experience, field of pre-MBA experience, and number of schools Karan applied to this year
- [3:00] Why Karan wanted to pursue an MBA degree?
- [4:30] Is moving from management consulting career at PwC to a start-up going to hurt your chances of getting an MBA admit?
Researching MBA Programs and what he learnt of CEIBS MBA
- [6:45] Choosing between Indian MBA programs and global business schools for your MBA degree
- [7:30] Criteria to pick your dream MBA program? What research should Indians do to determine fit with the MBA programs?
- [9:10] Mistakes most Indians make when selecting schools to apply to?
- [10:00] The expert research process Karan used to assess fit with the MBA programs, including CEIBS
- [11:30] What Karan learnt about the culture and strengths at CEIBS, and how he determined fit with CEIBS?
Breakdown of the CEIBS MBA essays
- [13:30] Breakdown of all the CEIBS MBA essay questions from the eyes of a successful applicant
- [14:15] How Karan crafted the long-term and short-term goals MBA essay at CEIBS, and how he connected it to his background?
- [15:40] Step-by-step advice to construct the long-term and short-term goals, and showcase how CEIBS help you get to your career goals
- [18:00] Detailed step-by-step advice on how to showcase cultural fit with Shanghai, China and CEIBS
- [21:10] Masterclass on how to answer additional CEIBS MBA essay questions
- [22:40] Do you need to write all optional essays to get into top MBA programs?
How to pick recommenders to write your MBA letter of recommendation?
- [23:00] The right strategy to pick the recommenders – should you pick the CEO or someone lower down the ranks?
- [24:20] Masterclass on how to coach the recommenders to write a compelling recommendation
How to crack the CEIBS MBA Interview?
- [26:45] The structure and logistics of the CEIBS MBA interview
- [27:00] Is it a bad sign if a 40 minute interview gets completed in 20 minutes?
- [27:10] The CEIBS MBA interview questions and advice from Karan on how to ace the interview
- [29:20] How to respond to the question on ‘What feedback do your colleagues have about you / What are your strengths & weakness’ questions
- [31:30] Expert detailed advice on how to prepare for and ace an MBA interview – including the framework to respond for every question
Advice for Indian MBA applicants
- [33:00] What was the toughest part of the MBA application process?
- [35:00] Advice Karan has for MBA applicants — every Indian applicant needs to know this!
One last thing before you go…
If you’ve been rejected by an MBA program, we specialize in helping people reapply. The first thing we do is a DING analysis to help you figure out what you can do better next time. If that’s you, start by accessing the self-assessment here.