How to get into Columbia Business School MBA Program
Learn about the culture of Columbia Business School’s MBA program. Understand how to demonstrate value as an international MBA applicant, and learn how to craft great CBS MBA essays to get into into M7 MBA programs.
Key lessons from this interview:
Background and Why MBA
- [01:00] Motivations for an MBA and how Neha thought about the skills she wanted to build in the next phase of her life and career.
Columbia Business School Admissions Process
- [05:50] The very practical thought process Neha used for school selection.
- [08:55] Advice for Indian students on how to learn more about and experience Columbia Business School during the admissions process.
- [10:50] What she learnt about the Columbia MBA program and its culture by speaking with students and alumni during the MBA admissions process.
- [12:45] What makes a good MBA application and what detailed advice on how to communicate fit with Columbia Business School.
- [16:45] Mistakes Indian MBA applicants make when contacting alumni from business schools during the research process.
Columbia MBA Experience
- [17:20] Life as a Columbia MBA candidate and what to expect the first 90 days during your MBA experience
- [19:27] The two important skills to learn and practice before you join the MBA program.
- [20:20] How to leverage the MBA alumni network to successfully get off-campus internship or full-time roles.
- [25:30] Recruitment strategies for full-time MBA roles and getting consulting and tech offers from Columbia Business School.
- [29:40] The career options available to internationals from Columbia Business School
Culture at Columbia Business School
- [32:33] What is “CBS Matters” and how it provides a unique opportunity to learn about your Columbia MBA peers.
- [34:25] Advice to all Indian candidates who want to apply to Columbia Business School
One last thing before you go…
If you’ve been rejected by an MBA program, we specialize in helping people reapply. The first thing we do is a DING analysis to help you figure out what you can do better next time. If that’s you, start by accessing the self-assessment here.