Learn how to get into the dual MBA program at two top MBA global MBA programs – HEC Paris and NYU Stern
Key lessons from this interview:
Background and Why MBA?
- [2:00] Why Sumana wanted an MBA degree even as a successful analytics professional in India?
- [2:45] How she realised that an MBA can be an accelerator for her career?
Researching MBA Programs and how she selected HEC Paris and NYU Stern
- [4:00] Sumana’s framework for researching top MBA programs
- [4:45] The three factors Sumana used to shortlist MBA programs
- [6:45] What Sumana learnt about the culture at HEC Paris and NYU Stern MBA programs during the research phase
Preparing for the dual-degree MBA application process
- [10:15] Important advice on deconstructing the short-term and long-term goals MBA essays at HEC Paris and NYU Stern?
- [11:30] Why you should speak with alumni from each of the schools, and how to select the right alumni to speak to?
- [12:45] Why you should research about extracurriculars and clubs to participate at school, and how it can help your MBA application?
- [13:20] Why a track record of extracurricular activities are extremely important in an MBA applicant, and how the admissions committee views your past extracurricular activities?
Essays and interview process for the HEC Paris and NYU dual-degree MBA program
- [15:45] The application process for the HEC Paris – NYU Stern dual-degree program
- [16:25] Do you have to write essays for both HEC Paris and NYU Stern, and interview with both schools?
- [17:30] Difference between the HEC Paris and NYU Stern interview processes?
- [18:30] Picking from the list of dual-degree programs that you can apply to when applying to HEC Paris?
Culture at HEC Paris and NYU Stern MBA programs
- [19:40] Cultural differences between HEC Paris and NYU Stern MBA programs
- [20:30] The difference in student diversity between US and European MBA programs
- [21:00] Potential cultural challenges of studying in a dual degree program
Life as an MBA student and Advice to Indian MBA applicants
- [21:45] How to balance academic, recruiting, social, and extracurricular activities at a top MBA programs?
- [24:30] Why you may have to sacrifice academic to focus on recruiting during business school?
- [26:15] What was the toughest part of the MBA application process?
- [26:55] Advice Sumana has for future Indian MBA applicants
One last thing before you go…
If you’ve been rejected by an MBA program, we specialize in helping people reapply. The first thing we do is a DING analysis to help you figure out what you can do better next time. If that’s you, start by accessing the self-assessment here.