How to get the best out of your MBA experience – an interview with a Kellogg MBA alum
Get insider access to the culture at Northwestern Kellogg MBA program, learn from Shradha on how to submit a great MBA application, and how to succeed in off-campus recruiting from a top MBA program.
Key lessons from this interview:
MBA application journey
- Her motivations for applying to MBA, even as a successful investment banker pre-MBA.
- How to determine fit with the schools and the advice Shradha received from an MBA alum that made her select Kellogg as her MBA program?
- Why rankings and ROI is not be the best way to select schools, and what should be the top criteria for selecting schools?
- Why you shouldn’t apply to too many schools, and how being strategic can help you get the best of the application process?
- The big mistakes most students make when writing an essays. Many, many Indians do this, and we hope you are not one of them.
- The influential role alumni play and how they can help or hurt your chances during the application process.
The culture and experiences at Kellogg MBA
- The insider view into the culture at Kellogg and how you can make an assessment of fit with the school.
- The global travel experiences available at Kellogg, and how it can develop your leadership skills and help you make deep connection.
- The wealth of club leadership opportunities that can cater to your professional and personal interests.
- How to use club leadership positions to strategically compete in recruiting.
The Kellogg MBA journey
- The reality and statistics of international recruiting from all top MBA programs.
- The difference between the US and Indian academic environment, and what to expect from the US classroom experience.
- The international career opportunities available at Kellogg.
- The role of off-campus recruiting and the incredible networking advice to get a job off-campus.
- Incredible recruiting advice for Indians at most top business schools, especially at Kellogg.
One last thing before you go…
If you’ve been rejected by an MBA program, we specialize in helping people reapply. The first thing we do is a DING analysis to help you figure out what you can do better next time. If that’s you, start by accessing the self-assessment here.