How to succeed as an MBA reapplicant after dealing with rejections from MBA programs in the first attempt.
In this interview Rice MBA alum will share insights on dealing with rejections from MBA programs in his first attempt, and what he did to get multiple admits as a reapplicant, including an admit to Rice Business MBA with a scholarship, and how to get into strategy consulting from Rice.
Key lessons from this interview:
MBA rejection & assessment
- The big mistake Nitin made during school research and school selection.
- Why you may get rejected from all schools despite a 700+ GMAT score, and how to tackle rejection.
- Advanced strategies for those rejected by MBA programs in 2017, and how you can turn around your application in 2018.
- Why schools value extracurricular leadership experience, and how to showcase that in your applications.
MBA reapplication process
- How his school selection strategy changed as a reapplicant, and how he received multiple admits with scholarships.
- What research strategies should you use to boost your chances as a reapplicant.
- The big mistakes Indian applicants make when contacting MBA students and alumni during the application process.
Rice Business MBA journey
- The key soft-skills Nitin learnt during his Rice Business MBA experience.
- Why he prefers a small class size and the development opportunities available to students in programs with small class size.
- The career options available at Rice Business and advice on choosing the right career path during your MBA.
- The incredible culture at Rice, particularly for international students.
- Detailed advice Nitin has for students who want to succeed in recruiting, particularly for those interested in Management Consulting.
One last thing before you go…
If you’ve been rejected by an MBA program, we specialize in helping people reapply. The first thing we do is a DING analysis to help you figure out what you can do better next time. If that’s you, start by accessing the self-assessment here.