How to get into UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School? Learn the core values and culture of UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School and the leadership opportunities available for its students.
Why MBA and choosing between MBA in India and US
- [0:45] A unique post-MBA career path for an Indian IT male engineer
- [2:30] Why MBA? – why did Nishanth choose to get an MBA degree?
- [10:15] Choosing between Indian MBA at ISB and an international MBA at US schools, and how Indians can think about it
School selection and researching MBA programs
- [12:30] Mistakes Nishanth made during school selection
- [14:30] Researching MBA programs and the diversity schools are looking for in its student base
UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA application process and how to stand out
- [16:55] Nishanth’s advice for writing good MBA essays
- [18:00] How Nishanth used the concept of “creating a persona” to stand out despite being an Indian male IT engineer?
- [19:50] The childhood story of adaptability during life challenges that Nishanth used to communicate his persona
- [22:30] How you can use the same “persona” formula to write very compelling essays
- [24:30] The short-term and long-term goals essays that Nishanth wrote to get an admit from UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA
Student life and recruiting journey at UNC Kenan-Flagler
- [28:00] What should Indians expect during the MBA at UNC, and how to prioritise recruiting and academics
- [32:00] The leadership opportunities at UNC Kenan-Flagler that Nishanth leveraged during his MBA
- [33:30] Nishanth’s recruiting and profile building journey during his first 90 days, and how he landed multiple Product Marketing internships
Core Values and Culture at UNC Kenan-Flagler business school
- [41:30] The five core values of UNC Kenan-Flagler you must learn about before applying or joining the school
- [43:00] The culture of giving back to the community and collaboration at UNC, and how Nishanth grew as a person at the school
For advanced tactics on using LinkedIn to find off-campus MBA internship and full-time opportunities, watch the UCLA Anderson MBA interview.
One last thing before you go…
If you’ve been rejected by an MBA program, we specialize in helping people reapply. The first thing we do is a DING analysis to help you figure out what you can do better next time. If that’s you, start by accessing the self-assessment here.