How to get into UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School? Learn the core values and culture of UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School and the leadership opportunities available for its students.
Why MBA and choosing between MBA in India and US
- [0:45] A unique post-MBA career path for an Indian IT male engineer
- [2:30] Why MBA? – why did Nishanth choose to get an MBA degree?
- [10:15] Choosing between Indian MBA at ISB and an international MBA at US schools, and how Indians can think about it
School selection and researching MBA programs
- [12:30] Mistakes Nishanth made during school selection
- [14:30] Researching MBA programs and the diversity schools are looking for in its student base
UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA application process and how to stand out
- [16:55] Nishanth’s advice for writing good MBA essays
- [18:00] How Nishanth used the concept of “creating a persona” to stand out despite being an Indian male IT engineer?
- [19:50] The childhood story of adaptability during life challenges that Nishanth used to communicate his persona
- [22:30] How you can use the same “persona” formula to write very compelling essays
- [24:30] The short-term and long-term goals essays that Nishanth wrote to get an admit from UNC Kenan-Flagler MBA
Student life and recruiting journey at UNC Kenan-Flagler
- [28:00] What should Indians expect during the MBA at UNC, and how to prioritise recruiting and academics
- [32:00] The leadership opportunities at UNC Kenan-Flagler that Nishanth leveraged during his MBA
- [33:30] Nishanth’s recruiting and profile building journey during his first 90 days, and how he landed multiple Product Marketing internships
Core Values and Culture at UNC Kenan-Flagler business school
- [41:30] The five core values of UNC Kenan-Flagler you must learn about before applying or joining the school
- [43:00] The culture of giving back to the community and collaboration at UNC, and how Nishanth grew as a person at the school
For advanced tactics on using LinkedIn to find off-campus MBA internship and full-time opportunities, watch the UCLA Anderson MBA interview.